Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Lincoln in the Library

When my daughter was younger, well, much younger, we spent many happy hours in the children's section of our local public library. We attended the story time run by the truly wonderful children's librarian (Hillary, we still miss you), read many books while sprawled on the foam cushions on the floor, and drew pictures. There was a large low table covered with a huge piece of paper, usually red or blue, a bin of crayons, and a bunch of small chairs. We would sit side by side drawing whatever came to mind. (This is my idea of heaven: a place with many books to read, drawing materials, and a lovely companion!) I usually left my drawing at the library, but sometimes photographed it with my pocket digital camera. The sketch above of Lincoln was done in honor of his birthday.